Monday, August 27, 2012

But really... who am I?

Who am I?
Who am i? I don't know. All I can tell you is that my name is Cassie, or Cassandra. I don't think anyone ever really does know who they are. They may know what they are like, their personality, their hobbies and passions, but I don't think anyone is always 100% sure of who they are, because you can always surprise yourself. But I can definitely tell you what I am like and why I am that way. My parents have always been my role models. They both have very successful jobs; my mom is a speech-pathologist at my school and my dad an architectural engineer and the vice-president of the Midwest region of his company. They had easy lives, always lived comfortably and had good education their whole lives. There are six people in my family: my parents, my 3 brothers, and I, and we get along pretty well. So one would think it's a good family setting. And it is most of the time. My parents trust me a lot, maybe a little too much, especially with them having two teenagers, a 20 year old and a tween. I guess they've had a lot of practice. They have always taught us right from wrong, taught us to give, and taught us to live. And I guess my mindset is the same. I don't give into peer pressure, I always try to do the best I can and be the best I can be, and I am an individual. I have never really liked all of that cliquey, superficial thing, so I think that's what set me apart from people in middle school and ultimately high school. Although I was constantly surrounded by my friends begging their parents for everything: new clothes, a cell phone, new everything, I always stayed true to myself and what my parents taught me. I am very outgoing, and always make each day important. I have a very positive outlook on life and my future. What I want to do in my future is still a big question, but I will figure it out on the way. Some days I think Pediatrician, or joining the Peace Corps, and other days I think history teacher or theatre major, but most of the time I just don't know. My all- time dream school is Northwestern, and I would basically do anything to get into there. I have big dreams, and I am a firm believer that you must work hard to achieve what you want, so that would explain why I sit at my desk for hours upon hours doing my homework, reading papers over and over again, working ahead and doing everything I possibly can to ultimately be the best that I can be. Most of the time, I'd rather chose my homework than my social life, but it's not because I am a huge geek that doesn't see the light of day ever, I just don't necessarily favor the current friends I have. Maybe I'm just determined. I absolutely love history, and I could easily talk for hours about why, but I won't bore you. I have a huge obsession with Abraham Lincoln, shrine dedicated to him in my room and everything, but it's not like creepy I-want-to-marry-him kind of thing; He is just really interesting. So maybe I am a geek, but I really don't care because labels are annoying. So I choose not to label myself. I'll describe, but never label. I'm really just a human being trying to live my life, figuring it out as I go.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so nice to meet you! Why don't you become a pediatrician for doctors without borders and be a Lincoln history buff on the side? That should satisfy it all for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete